DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS
The prime objectives of the Department of Mathematics include:
• To make students derive mathematical proofs, solutions and interpretations for mathematical problems clearly, concisely, and correctly.
• To explore and research on various mathematical applications inside and outside of mathematics.
• To encourage students to participate on research projects.
The Department of Mathematics offers the following Programmes in CBCS mode since the academic year 2015-2016.
1. B.Sc. Mathematics-Physics-Computer Science
2. B.Sc. Mathematics-Statistics-Computer science
Seminars, group discussions, quizzes and extension work etc., are some of the important co-curricular and extra-curricular activities of the department. Guest lectures, Invited lectures and Faculty development programmes are some of the important activities of the faculty for achieving quality education. The Department provides undergraduate students with a strong interdisciplinary foundation that draws on the strengths, fundamentals, theory and applications of Mathematics.
The strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, challenges and future plans of the department are:
• Availability of Doctorate faculty.
• Qualified, Experienced and Efficient Staff.
• Involvement in group discussions, seminars and quizzes at college.
• Availability of adequate infrastructure.
• Proactive and cooperative management.
• Reference Books, Text Books are available for the students and the faculty.
• Many students are from rural areas and their academic background is not up to the levels.
• More employment opportunities in private and government sector.
• Scope for higher studies in India and abroad.
• Heavy competition as more number of colleges are established in the district.
• Lack of language proficiency among the students.
The Department of Mathematics has a highly qualified, industrious, dedicated faculty.
© 2022 Sri VIvekhanandha Women's Degree College,Kadapa.All rights are reserved Developed By Gudduz Technologies