DEPARTMENT OF ZOOLOGY
• To offer a modular course of lectures and associated seminars, research projects and practical classes, supported by supervisions where appropriate.
• To promote training in practical and conceptual skills in sub-disciplines ranging from molecular cell biology, through physiology and neurobiology, to the study of populations in both an ecological and evolutionary framework.
• To provide constructive feedback on their progress, individual students will be assessed throughout the year in their project work, participation in seminars and written work for supervisions.
• To provide an optional Zoology-based course in statistics in the Michaelmas Term enabling students to apply quantitative methods to complex biological problems.
• To provide professional training in effective verbal and written communication skills.
The Department of Zoology offers the following programmes in CBCS mode from the academic year 2015- 2016. Besides the department involves in teaching inter-disciplinary courses i.e., non-core subjects particularly Department of Botany and Chemistry
Seminars, group discussions, quizzes, extension work, education and industrial visits, etc., are some of the cardinal co-curricular activities of the department for the benefit of both the students and the staff members as well. Extension and guest lectures are some of the important activities of the faculty for achieving quality education. As far as Consultancy Services concerned, the Department of Zoology contributes more in imparting Zoology education and spreading Zoology literacy among the student fraternity in the area. The department provides under-graduate students with a strong inter-disciplinary foundation that draws on the strengths, fundamentals, theory and applications of Zoology.
The strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, challenges and future plans of the department are:
• Qualified, well experienced faculty.
• Well equipped laboratory.
• Many Students come from rural area and the academic back ground of the students is not up to their levels.
• Non-availability of doctorate faculty.
• Encouraging the students to go on - Zoology is a job oriented programme. Students can get number of opportunities through this in different kinds of government and private sectors. • Students can also join in P.G., M.Phil., Ph.D., Medical field, Agriculture, Sericulture, research and lectureship. • Aquaculture industries, Poultry forms, Animal husbandry and Food processing.
• To improve the academic performance of the students who are poor in the subject.
• To prepare students get involved in research programme.
• Our plan is to open PG Stream in Zoology on availability of adequate space
• Opening of an inter-disciplinary research laboratory.
• Setting up of departmental library.
• Overall improvement of departmental infrastructure.
• Setting up an animal house.
The Department of Zoology has a highly qualified, industrious, dedicated faculty.
© 2022 Sri VIvekhanandha Women's Degree College,Kadapa.All rights are reserved Developed By Gudduz Technologies