DEPARTMENT OF BOTANY
Achieving excellence in studies, conservation, exploration and sustainable exploitation of the plants world for well being of the humanity.
• Identify several sub disciplines within the field of botany.
• To provide and maintain conducive environment for teaching the learning of Botany.
• To offer a modular course of lectures and associated seminars, research projects and practical classes, supported by supervisions where appropriate.
• To describe characteristics of the leaves, stems, roots and flowers of range plants.
• To identify flowers and other floral materials.
The Department of Botany is implementing Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) in the following programmes from the academic year 2016-2017. Besides the department involves in teaching inter-disciplinary courses i.e., non-core subjects particularly Department of Zoology and Chemistry.
2. B.Sc – Botany-Biotechnology–Chemistry
Seminars, group discussions, quizzes, extension work, education and industrial visits, etc., are some of the cardinal co-curricular activities of the department for the benefit of both the students and the staff members as well. Extension and guest lectures are some of the important activities of the faculty for achieving quality education. As far as Consultancy Services concerned, the Department of Botany contributes more in imparting Botany education and spreading Botany literacy among the student fraternity in the area. The department provides under-graduate students with a strong inter-disciplinary foundation that draws on the strengths, fundamentals, theory and applications of Botany.
The strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, challenges and future plans of the department are:
• Well Qualified and experienced Staff.
• Well equipped laboratory.
• The College campus itself with number of plants.
• Many students are come from rural area, the background not up to their levels.
Encouraging the students to go on
1. Botany is a job oriented programme. Students can get number of opportunities through this in different kind of private & Government sectors.
2. Students can also join P.G., Ph.D, Medical field, agriculture, horticulture, sericulture research and lectureship.
1.To improve the academic performance those students poor in the subject.
2.To Prepare students get involved in research programmes.
3.To start certificate and diploma courses.
• Opening of an inter-disciplinary research laboratory.
• Setting up of departmental herbarium with more accessions.
• Setting up of mushroom culture and technology.
• Starting certificate and diploma courses.
The Department of Botany has highly qualified, industrious, dedicated faculty.
© 2022 Sri VIvekhanandha Women's Degree College,Kadapa.All rights are reserved Developed By Gudduz Technologies