DEPARTMENT OF BIO-TECHNOLOGY
To develop high quality academic and research professionals in latest fields of Biotechnology for facing Global Challenges, along creating awareness and bring the benefits of modern Biotechnological innovations to the society.
The department of Bio-technology is going to focus mainly in frontier areas of Functional Genomics, Molecular Genetics and Plant Molecular biology.
1. To impart training to graduate teachers in modern techniques of Biotechnology and to conduct extension Programmes for farmers, to develop awareness on modern agriculture methods and practises.
The department of Bio-technology is implementing choice based credit system (CBCS) in the following programme from the academic year 2020-21. Besides the department involves in teaching interdisciplinary courses i.e., non-core subjects particularly department of Botany and Chemistry
B.SC (Bio-technology – Botany – Chemistry)
Seminars, group discussions, quizzes, extension work, education and industrial visits, etc., are some of the cardinal co-curricular activities of the department for the benefit of both the students and the staff members as well. Extension and guest lectures are some of the important activities of the faculty for achieving quality education. As far as Consultancy Services concerned, the Department of Bio-technology contributes more in imparting Bio-technology education and spreading Bio-technology literacy among the student fraternity in the area. The department provides under-graduate students with a strong inter-disciplinary foundation that draws on the strengths, fundamentals, theory and applications of Bio-technology.
The strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, challenges and future plans of the department are:
• Well Qualified and experienced Staff.
• Well equipped laboratory.
• Many students are come from rural area, the background not up to their levels.
Encouraging the students to go on
1. Bio-technology is a job oriented programme. Students can get number of opportunities through this in different kind of private & Government sectors.
2. Students can also join P.G., Ph.D
1. To improve the academic performance those students poor in the subject.
2. To Prepare students get involved in research programmes.
3. To start certificate and diploma courses
Opening of an inter-disciplinary research laboratory.
The Department of Bio-technology has a highly qualified, industrious, dedicated faculty.
© 2022 Sri VIvekhanandha Women's Degree College,Kadapa.All rights are reserved Developed By Gudduz Technologies